Funshine Preschool, a ministry of Grace Church, is a non-profit, state licensed, child care center. Funshine has been serving our community since 1989. Now accepting registrations for the 2016-2017 school year starting in September.
Three-day program available for 33 months (by Sept 1) to pre-kindergarten. Four-day program available for 3-1/2 year-olds (by Sept 1) to 5-year-olds.
The primary purpose of Funshine Preschool is to provide a Christian focus for kindergarten readiness. We address the psycho-motor, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs of pre-school children.
Activities and instruction will be commensurate with the child's age and level of development. Each age category is staffed by professional, early-childhood education teachers and assistants, as required by Minnesota Department of Human Services. We provide a warm and joyful place for your child to feel safe and secure. We are here to come alongside families and give encouragement, prayer and friendship!
Here is an overview of how we care for the various needs of your child:
- Psycho-motor: A variety of toys, manipulative, large muscle equipment, and activities provide opportunities for children to develop both small motor and large motor physical capabilities.
- Social: Children will be in a classroom setting with a teacher/assistant where relationships can be built and maintained. They will have opportunity to learn to relate to their teachers and the other children around them in socially accepted ways. The Christian principles of kindness, sharing, and generosity will be emphasized.
- Emotional: Funshine provides a safe place for children to feel loved and accepted and to develop self-esteem through hands-on learning activities, which provide self-expression and meaningful choices. The issues of respect for self and others are integrated into the daily curriculum.
- Cognitive: Young children learn best through discovery learning and fun, hands-on activities. Each class day will incorporate some teacher-directed, group learning, as well as learning through songs, stories, and finger plays. All learning activities will focus on weekly teaching/learning themes and will encourage freedom of expression and creativity within a structured environment.
- Spiritual: The Funshine program is Christ-centered and reinforces the values that each child is loved by God and is precious in His sight. Children will learn that God made the world and all it contains. Age-appropriate Bible memory will be emphasized. Christian songs and themes will be incorporated into the curriculum and prayers will be offered daily.
- Certified teachers and assistants
- Low staff-to-child ratio
- Christian environment & teaching
- Kindergarten readiness curriculum
- Fun learning activities
- Bright, modern facilities
- Large motor playroom
- Field trip
- Parent-teacher conferences
- Age-appropriate learning experiences
- Fall, Christmas & graduation programs
- Afternoon enrichment classes
- Lunch Bunch and extended days
- Winter Drop Off
- Early Bird Care (8:45a-9:30a)
Tuition for three days per week: $200/month. Tuition for four days per week: $255/month. Activity fee for the year is $50. First month’s tuition and nonrefundable $50 activity fee are both due August 1 to confirm registration. Early Bird Care - $5/day. Lunch Bunch Program: 12p-1p. $8 per session. There is an annual, nonrefundable registration fee of $50. (It must be included with your registration form.) Mail completed registration forms to: Grace Church Attn: Funshine Preschool 9301 Eden Prairie Rd Eden Prairie, MN 55347.
Funshine Preschool Office: Phone: 952-224-3069 Fax: 952-926-1885
Sharon Allen, Director of Funshine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Guille, Assistant Director of Funshine, email@example.com