Short-term Missions Trip | Myanmar
This team will serve at the St. Matthew's Orphanage Center (SMOC), which is located in central Myanmar (formerly Burma). SMOC is an orphanage that was established in 2003 by the St. Matthew's Kachin Baptist Church. Their mission is to provide a loving, Christ-centered home environment for the children of Myanmar who have lost parents or been neglected. Their orphanage, located on the grounds of the St. Matthews Church in Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, has approximately 80 children.
Our team will be joined by ministry partner, Jonathan Stone, and will work alongside the Christian staff to provide resources, supplies, and support for the daily education and Gospel training they do with the children. In addition, we will be working on projects to enhance the facilities of the orphanage and serve in the local community alongside the staff.
Adults, families and students (Youth under 16-years-old will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Minimum age is nine-years-old.)
Aug 5-19, 2017
Patrick Walker & Matt Jensen
The current estimated cost is $3,200 (final amount based on airfare). This will cover airfare, visa, hotel, and most meal expenses.
- STEP #1 - COMPLETE APPLICATION AND DEPOSIT
The trip leader will review your application and approve based on the qualifications for the trip. Once approved, you will have a link to your personal page for online giving.
- STEP #2 - TURN IN GRACE FORMS
Once approved, submit your required forms (for Adults) (for Minors) packet and two passport copies. You can submit these by emailing them to email@example.com or by turning them into Grace Church in an envelope labeled "Attn: Brea Petry - Required Forms."
- STEP #3 - TEAM TRAINING
Training will be announced by the trip leader at the Info meeting. Contact the trip leader with questions.
- Get your passport or if you have one, verify that it is valid for at least six months following the trip.
- Submit two copies of the picture page of your passport to Brea Petry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secure a prayer partner to pray for you every day from now to the end of your trip
- May 17, 2017: Application and a non-refundable deposit of $300
- Jun 5, 2017: 2nd payment due. Once airfare is purchased, no refunds will be issued.
- Jun 19, 2017: Balance due